The SA Women’s Memorial Playing Fields Trust is a volunteer-run organisation dedicated educating the community about the Bangka Strait Massacre and to honour and remember the women who served and those who made the supreme sacrifice for our country from the Navy, Army and Air Force.
Interested in becoming a member of the SA Women’s Memorial Playing Fields Trust?We would love your support. To become a member contact the President, Helen Fischer, on 0413 348 445 or [email protected]
The SA Women’s Memorial Playing Fields Trust Committee membership has representatives from sporting groups, State Veterans Advisory Committee, RSL, 3rd Health Support Battalion and community representatives.
- Patron Her Excellency the Honourable Frances Adamson AC
Current committee office holders are as follows:
- President Helen Fischer
- Vice President April Williams
- To conduct the annual Bangka Day Memorial Service on the Sunday nearest to the 16th February. This service is to honour and remember women who served and those who made the supreme sacrifice for our country from the Navy, Army and Air Force.
- To assist in the maintenance and enhancement of the Playing Fields for the use of sports women in South Australia
- To maintain the public memorial status of the entire Playing Fields in accordance with the wishes of our forebears who developed the site.
- To raise money to assist our objectives.
Phone: President, Helen Fischer
0413 348 445
Email: [email protected]
Visit the memorial at South Australian Women’s Memorial Playing Fields, Corner Shepherds Hill & Ayliffes Roads, St Marys SA 5042
Postal address: PO Box 143 MSC,
Torrens Park, SA, 5062